[CentOS] Re: Error building kernel for CentOS 5.0

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon May 21 18:32:12 UTC 2007

Mark Hull-Richter spake the following on 5/21/2007 11:18 AM:
> On 5/21/07, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Your rpmmacros file may not be the only thing affecting it. This is
>> why it was recommended that you compare the output. If you're lazy,
>> learn to use diff.
>>

> Ah, of course - the confrontational approach.  I love it!
Some on the list are more so than others.

>> You have to make the rpmmacros file from scratch since it doesn't
>> exist by default. This begs the question: Why are you including things
>> if you have no idea what they are? When you added the lines you have,
>> did you not check to make sure that the files actually exist?
>>

> Leftovers from 4.4.
>
> However, I am chastised - I will pore through that and see what comes
> up, if removing everything except the HOME line in the file does not
> work (the true "lazy" approach :-).  On the other hand, again with
> audacity I ask, would it not have been simpler just to say, as
> Karanbir did, "it needs to contain nothing?"

See above. I see you removed the Linux Kernel Engineer from your signature.
Did you get too much flame for it?
It seemed to trigger some interesting responses.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and