[CentOS] Centos5, Compiz, and Nvidia

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:22:18 UTC 2007

On 5/21/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I asked the wrong way.  Yes, I understand that this page and the
> settings are for compiz using nvidia drivers.  What I was wondering is
> if any of those settings would be of any use in gnome (GDM, I guess)
> using the nvidia drivers.  I didn't see anything from a google search
> on this that specifically helps with gdm.  Should I start a different
> thread for this?

Compiz doesn't do anything with gdm so far as I know. It's just a way
to turn on some neat desktop stuff and make folks go 'oooooh
ahhhhhhhh'.

I'm not sure what issues you're having with gdm, or how it might
relate to compiz. I would recommend starting a new thread for that,
yes.

(Apologies if this sounds snippy. It's not meant to be, I just spent
the last few days beating SharePoint into submission, and it's made me
a little irritable.)

George Orwell