[CentOS] recompiling kernel results in error: .../linux-2.6.18.i686/arch//Makefile: No such file or directory

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue May 22 01:47:07 UTC 2007

On 5/21/07, dcw <dwoody1 at charter.net> wrote:
> If using rpmbuild is not the preferred method then ...
>
> What directory should I be in?
> What commands should I be using?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Using rpmbuild is indeed the preferred method if you wish to run the
CentOS kernel.  (CentOS developers, correct me if this is not the
right advice.)  I used to compile vanilla kernels on Fedora Core.

Get the centosplus src.rpm as I wrote in my other post.  If you look
at the .spec file, you can probably figure out how to not compile the
xen kernel, etc.

Akemi