[CentOS] recompiling kernel results in error: .../linux-2.6.18.i686/arch//Makefile: No such file or directory

dcw dwoody1 at charter.net
Tue May 22 04:31:48 UTC 2007

I installed the 8.1.4 src.rpm and deleted the lines from the email you pointed
to.

It failed during the rpmbuild -bp command with the error:
non-existent symbol PHYSICAL_START

I modified the SPEC file after I installed the src.rpm and before I ran the
rpmbuild -bp command.

I did this twice to make sure I did it correctly.

Thanks,

David