[CentOS] Installing to other than "/" label

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue May 22 05:22:32 UTC 2007

--On Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:00 AM -0400 Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams
<ivazqueznet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't tried this with CentOS, but I know that a second Fedora
> install to the same system will result in the new partitions with the
> same mount point having a "1" appended to their label. I'd think that
> CentOS would work the same way, but can't guarantee it.

Ok, thanks.

The best of all worlds would let me run the installer from the running
Fedora, but I suspect I need to boot from the installer CD (or USB key) and
then point it at the DVD ISO I've copied to one of the Fedora partitions.
I'd guess the installer needs to detect all the hardware, but otherwise
just needs to unpack RPM's to the correct location in the new filesystem.