[CentOS] CentOS-5 - kmod-gfs dependency issue?

Simen Thoresen simentt at dolphinics.no
Tue May 22 12:11:39 UTC 2007

 > > Hi all,
 > >
 > > I'm wondering if I'm running into some dependency issues on my
 > > CentOS5 test-machines. I've installed with a fairly minimal package
 > > set, updated, removed old kernels and am now experimenting with
 > > iscsi and gfs.
 > >

 > I am working on getting these dep issues resolved and get the entire
 > centos distro for centos-5 completely dep close, but its going to be
 > about 2 days before its there.
 > - KB

Hi Karanbir,

This is good news :-)

I ended up forcing the install of the original kernel, then installing
kmod-gfs, then upgrading the kernel to the current kernel to get the
weak-upgrades .ko that I needed.

Is there a way to force regeneration of the weak-upgrades? I guess there
should be a script that does or triggers this in the (new)kernel rpm.

Thank you :-)

-S
--
Simen Thoresen, Dolphin ICS
Systems Administration and Wulfkit Support