[CentOS] Can't start X with latest CentOS 50. kernel

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed May 23 01:03:55 UTC 2007

On 5/22/07, Dick Roth <raroth7 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Thank you, Mark, for helping me get my thinker going again (it was
> asleep).  It didn't occur to me, while first installing the driver, that
> it was building modules!  Duh!!

This method will work just fine, but it can be a little annoying to do
every update, and can be one of those forgotten gotchas. You may want
to consider the dkms nvidia driver in the rpmforge repository (
http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/RPMForge ). The dkms modules are
automagically rebuilt on the reboot following a kernel upgrade. Makes
things incredibly simple to maintain.

George Orwell