[CentOS] recompiling kernel results in error: .../linux-2.6.18.i686/arch//Makefile: No such file or directory

dcw dwoody1 at charter.net
Wed May 23 04:52:07 UTC 2007

I was changing the config as well. If I reinstall the src rpm and edit
the %prep section only, as you detailed, then the error:
	 non-existent symbol PHYSICAL_START
is only a warning. The rpmbuild -ba is running now.

It is when I altered the config file that it fails.

This leads me to believe that I have not enabled enough ISA settings in the
config file for everything to work correctly. I saw no comments in xconfig
indicating that other settings should be altered.

I am pressing 'y' for isapnp and isa support. Are both needed for ne2000
support?

I am pressing 'm' for ne2000 support.

Any idea which additional ISA or other settings I should set?

Thanks,

David