[CentOS] Source RPM -- need to rebuild ldap client tools

Steve Finkelstein

sf at stevefink.net
Thu May 24 00:33:52 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I believe the last yum update I performed installed a new
openldap-client for me, including SASL support. I used to be able to
perform ldapsearch without explicitly passing '-x' to the command line
to pull the directory down. Now, I receive the following:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute (16)

Would my best bet be to find a source RPM and rebuild the ldap client
without sasl support? If so, where's my best bet to grab this and do it
the "proper" CentOS way.

Thanks,

- sf