[CentOS] Re: 4.5 upgrades on production servers?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu May 24 15:41:03 UTC 2007

Scott Silva spake the following on 5/22/2007 2:23 PM:
> Scott Silva spake the following on 5/22/2007 11:44 AM:
>> Dhawal Doshy spake the following on 5/22/2007 9:50 AM:

>>> Yup, ever since servers upgraded to 4.5.. something like:
>>>
>>> Timeout: No Response from localhost:161
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>>
>>> Works as expected from the command line though.
>>>
>>> - dhawal
>> I just installed the unstable 0.11.0 and it seems to have cleared up. Since
>> unstable is near to 2 years old, it can't be that unstable, but we'll see.
>>
> Nevermind. It just slowed it down to less than 1 per hour.

I got it to stop by creating \etc\sysconfig\snmpd.options with the following;

OPTIONS="-LS 4 d -p /var/run/snmpd.pid -a"

I guess the default startup options for snmp daemon cause excessive logging,
and can add delays to the responses.
You can read what I ran across here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.centos.general/39531

--