[CentOS] Two Linux books I recommend

Lanny Marcus

Fri May 25 20:40:58 UTC 2007

I would like to recommend two (2) Linux books that might be helpful to
some of the people reading this mailing list:

(1) "Red Hat Fedora and Enterprise Linux Bible", by Christopher Negus.
Published by Wiley. Buy the edition for the version of CentOS you are
using. This book is very easy to read and is probably best for Beginning
to Intermediate users. This is the book I reach for first.
(Disclaimer: I wrote a review that was published in one edition of the
book and I received free copies of two editions. I have also purchased
several editions)

(2) "Running Linux", published by O'Reilly. This book is a classic and
was recommended to me by an engineer at Red Hat. I have the 4th edition,
but there is a later edition available. This book is a tougher read,
but, it goes into things more deeply than the other book I recommend.
Probably best for Intermediate and Advanced users. I've purchased 2 or 3
editions of this book.

There are probably many other excellent Linux books available that
others can recommend, especially about specific topics. HTH, Lanny