[CentOS] NTPD ?

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Sun May 27 03:49:09 UTC 2007

Scott Lamb kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 25. toukokuuta 2007
08:54):

> I think this would be due to bad hardware or a kernel problem.

> You might have done this to yourself by switching kernels. (I've
> heard of time problems due to a problem with a SATA controller
> driver.) What was wrong with the one that came with CentOS? If you
> switch back to it, do you still have this problem?

Tested and didn't get those errors. Then compiled 2.6.21.3 vanilla,
as thought, it was kernel problem, got those errors again. Seems
that Athlon has some kind of troubles with new kernels. Namely
in original centos kernel there is pentium pro optimized...

Ok, next step was, I stopped cpuspeed from services, edited ntp's
drift file into 0.000 and restarrted ntpd, no errors after that.
Time is well in sync and not mentionable drifting in sight...

May 27 06:40:13 oh1mrr ntpd[4986]: synchronized to LOCAL(0), stratum 10
May 27 06:40:23 oh1mrr ntpd[4986]: synchronized to 193.166.5.177, stratum 2

Jarmo