[CentOS] Slightly OT: Debian and CentOS multiboot: menu.lst problem

Daniel de Kok danieldk at pobox.com
Sun May 27 19:45:21 UTC 2007

Hi Niki,

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 21:35 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> And that WAS the problem. Curiously, I hesitated over it. In fact,
> Debian initrd files are called initrd.img-2.6.18-something... while
> CentOS initrd is initrd-2.6.18-something.img. Hence the confusion.

You could consider installing GRUB from CentOS in the MBR of the CentOS
disk (though, the boot partition would be fine too), and add something
like

---
title CentOS
root (hd1)
makeactive
chainloader +1
---

To your Debian GRUB configuration. This prevents that you'll have to
update your Debian GRUB configuration again after n kernel updates
(where n is the number set with the installonlyn yum plugin).

-- Daniel