[CentOS] Where to find RHDS (Red Hat Directory Server) ?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon May 28 17:20:10 UTC 2007

Gary Richardson wrote:

>> > Will RHDS be better in integrating with other programs?
>> > For example the MTA, apache, etc. Does it have a built-in configuration
>> > tool for these tasks?
>>
>> Speaking of apache, is there some reason mod_auth_pam or some variation
>> isn't standard in distributions where pam is the system authentication
>> method?  Shouldn't you configure PAM instead of every individual program?
>>

 > I typically like having my website auth separate from my system auth -
 > more often than not, the web users have nothing to do with the people
 > that administer the machine

PAM provides different authentication and account schemes, so you can
easily check passwords for things like web services without providing
login accounts. Or, if it is an intranet providing many services for the
same set of users you can combine them if you want.  The point is that
it gives you a common way to configure authentication/authorization and
to combine multiple methods, like using local accounts in addition to
one or more network schemes.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com