[CentOS] Desperate to upgrade from RedHat 9 to CentOS 4.4

Andy Allen

andy.allen at virgin.net
Wed May 30 10:19:56 UTC 2007

I'm desperately trying to upgrade from RedHat 9 to CentOS 4.4, but the
one thing that's really causing me problems is migrating from Evolution
1.2.2 (bundled with RedHat 9) to 2.0.2 (bundled with CentOS 4.4.

When running Evolution 2.0.2 for the first time, with Evolution 1.2.2
folders and files in evolution folder in same partition, the automatic
migration process starts up and seems to run OK, migrating all folders
up to Sent folder successfully. Then disaster - it terminates fatally
(error message "..quit unexpectedly..." - no indication of what the
problem is).

I've even thought about installing Evolution 1.2.2 in CentOS 4.4
(because it works OK for my purposes!), but there are too many problems
with this - even though I have the Evolution 1.2.2 rpm, it won't install
in CentOS because of missing packages. I really want to upgrade my main
system to CentOS 4.4 for the improvements it offers over RedHat 9, but
this email thing is a real sticking point at the moment.

Is this a known problem or bug with the migration process - should I
give up trying to do this, forget about all my previous email stuff and
just start again with Evolution 2.0.2?

Any suggestions please?

Andy