[CentOS] Centos 5 OpenVPN / SElinux

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed May 30 17:17:25 UTC 2007

Bernd Bartmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Centos 5 32bit and installed openvpn-2.0.9-1.el5.rf from
> Dag Wieers Repo. When OpenVPN is started during boot-up it just shows
> an SElinux related error message. When I start OpenVPN manually after
> the system has come up completely it works fine.

On CentOS 5 64 bit I downloaded the openvpn src.rpm from Fedora Devel,
as it's the most recent version, and rebuilt it. It works very well, I
just finished some fairly extensive performance tests with it and just
posted the results on openvpn-users. No SELinux issues that I can discern.

But remember that you can always tweak SELinux. Here's a guide for RHEL
4 that might still apply to v5:

Especially see the chapter "Minor Customizations of the Existing Policy"

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/