[CentOS] cobbler or puppet in Centos5

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Thu May 31 00:33:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:18:49PM -0700, Karl R. Balsmeier enlightened us:
> Jim Wildman wrote:
> >On Wed, 30 May 2007, Karl R. Balsmeier wrote:
> >
> >>while i'm on a Centos5 kick, I was just curious if I simply needed to
> >>add a repo or if building these was a matter of waiting in terms of
> >>Centos5.  Am trying hard to stay away from Fedora if possible...
> >>
> >>-krb
> >>
> >google for cobbler and linux and you will find the repos and
> >instructions.
> um, thanks Jim, but i'm looking for a specific answer to a specific
> question, so maybe i'll restate it:
>
> For Centos5, is there a repo for cobbler or not.  This is a yes/no
> question in it's new format.
>
> As for a google search, I think "centos5 cobbler repo" was pretty much
> going to hit oil if it existed, but there was no info to confirm.

You might want to include rhel5 as well as centos

> -what i'm really looking for is someone on the list who's probably even
> working on such a repo and who will say "oh yeah, that's done like 2
> weeks from now after I finish such and such", not "go research".
> Perhaps you can understand where i'm coming from.

There are slightly out-of-date packages in the testing repo. It looks like
I'm going to be taking on the responsibility for cobbler, puppet, koan and
python-cheetah - we're just working through the technical details of how to
allow more folks to take over packages for Extras/Plus and it's taking
longer than some might like.

I have more up-to-date packages in my repository, but I have not built them
for CentOS5 yet. I had a hardware failure last week and just got my build
environment set back up today. It will be a busy couple of weeks for me, but
I'll try to find time to get the packages into mock and put something up:
http://www.math.ohiou.edu/pub/casit/et-tools/

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak