[CentOS] atmail & centos

ethericalzen at gmail.com ethericalzen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:58:20 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:29:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hiep Nguyen <hiep at ee.ucr.edu> took out a #2 pencil and scribbled:

> hi friends,
>
> i'm researching to see if i can run my own email server on
> centos.  i'm looking at qmail & centos, but the problem that i
> have is it doesn't have the web interface that can similar with
> outlook. our users don't like squirrelmail, or NOCC, or horde
> interfaces) however, i found atmail.com and it seems to have what
> i'm looking for b/c it's kindda integrate with outlook (i don't
> know how good it is)
>
> does any one here have any thoughts/suggestions about atmail on
> centos 5? or is there anything like atmail out there that i can
> use to run email server on centos 5.
>
> thank you for any helps.
> T. Hiep

Are you not wanting your users to check their mail with their own
client? It seems like you're wanting to provide a web interface,
which isn't necessary really. You can simply allow your users to
check their mail via outlook or thunderbird or whatever.

Are you attempting to use calendaring or something? Otherwise, I
run my own mail server for certain individuals with spamassassin
and I do not use squirrelmail; although, I might there just hasn't
been a need for me to set it up yet.

Sincerely
ethericalzen at gmail.com
Life is a prison, death is a release