[CentOS] Yum Problem - SOLVED

Jun Salen

nokijun at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 01:10:34 UTC 2007

Jun Salen ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have no problem running yum update inside the root prompt, but when
 running yum using sudo as logged-in as ordinary user and command the
 'sudo yum update', I am having below error:

 http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/mirrors-rpmforge error was
> [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmforge
>
> This happened even I try to export my proxy server since where using
 them to connect internet. This is in a newly installed CentOS5 box. I
 also try to issue 'yum clean metadata' and  'yum clean all' but the
 problem still persists.  Can you please give me the clue on how to solve
 this.

> Thanks,
>
> junji
> aisalen.wordpress.com
> Linux Registered User #253162

Is this appening even if you put the proxy=http://<host>:<port>
 directive on
/etc/yum.conf ?

Regards

Lorenzo Quatrini
Hi Lorenzo,

I answered this a while ago and I am very fast in answering your suggestion not waiting the result of my command because it froze a while. Actually it works using your directive. So it must be proxy instead of http_proxy.

Thank you very much,