[CentOS] Installing Google's Picasa for Linux on CentOS

Lanny Marcus

lannyma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 20:43:50 UTC 2007

On 06 November 2007, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
<snip>
>Hmmm does the package look good with a
>rpm -K picasa-2.2.2820-5.i386.rpm

I Google'd and Yahood' and found a post that mentioned adding a Yum
Repository for Google. I now have this repository:

[google]
name=Google - $basearch
baseurl=http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
priority=20

But, when I try to yum install picasa, it ends with:

Dependencies Resolved

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Installing:
 picasa                  i386       2.2.2820-5       google             21 M

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 21 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 7fac5991

Public key for picasa-2.2.2820-5.i386.rpm is not installed
[root at dell2400 ~]#

When I have more time, I will try to find a place on Google where I
can ask about the public key that is missing. Stephen, I don't know
how you got it to install, but, I'm glad that you did get it to
install. Lanny