[CentOS] HP DL585 - CentOS4.5 - kix woes

Tom Brown

tom at ng23.net
Wed Nov 7 15:30:51 UTC 2007

Hi

Well we are now using HP instead of Dell and have hit a major hurdle. We
dont seem to be able to kix any of these boxes. I have been most
recently trying on a dl585 and the issue appears to be that the kix
kernel does not detect any nic. Its strange as the box can be installed
using iso's and the nic appears as

eth0: Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5706 1000Base-T (A2) PCI-X 64-bit 100MHz
found at mem fa000000, IRQ 209, node addr 001a4bedcf1c
bnx2: eth0: using MSI

which seems a pretty standard nic to me - has anyone been able to kix
new hp kit recently using 4.5 ??

thanks