[CentOS] Intel 1000/PRO GT (e1000 driver) and "Detect Tx Unit Hang" error with 4GB RAM

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:04:12 UTC 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 11:55 AM, Steven Alexson <steve at alexson.org> wrote:

> If I could resolve this problem and use the Intel cards, that would be
> ideal. Then I could return the 4 cards I ordered today and save a bit
> of money. If waiting the couple of weeks (projected) that it takes for
> 5.1 to roll out, that might be worth it.

Well, the RHEL bug associated with the update (212298) doesn't appear
to be publicly available. The changelog notes show an update to e1000
version 7.3.20-k2, which seems to have the following:

e1000: simplify case handling gigabit at half duplex
e1000: Fix MSI only interrupt handler routine
e1000: fix NAPI performance on 4-port adapters
e1000: tune our dynamic itr transmit packet accounting
e1000: clean up debug output defines
e1000: display flow control of link status at link up
e1000: update version to 7.3.20-k2

There may be more to it than this, but that's all I turned up with
~30s of googling.

George Orwell