[CentOS] Re: Open Source CPanel equivalent for CentOS?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 16:29:04 UTC 2007

"Barry Brimer" <lists at brimer.org> wrote in
message news:Pine.LNX.4.61.0711102120060.25289 at localhost.localdomain...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone knew of a solid, reliable Open Source
>> equivalent
>> of Cpanel/Plesk that I can run on my CentOS boxes.  I've done some
>> searching
>> around and find a bunch of them which seem to have stopped or stalled
>> development, but I am figuring that there has got to be a strong market /
>> demand for something out there.
>>
>> Is anyone using something secure, solid and complete?  I don't need
>> something for users to sign up themselves online, but would like
>> something
>> to give them abilities to administer their own domains.  I am more than
>> happy to move my entire existing mail  server and accounts to something
>> new
>> if I can give my users this ability.
>
> Webmin/Virtualmin/Usermin <http://www.webmin.com>
> Emu <http://www.emusoftware.com/>

Thanks for the links.  I had already looked at Webmin, but after doing more
research on it, ppl seemed to think it could be a security leak.

I had never heard of Emu / NetDirector though, and after looking around at
the site and the demos, I must say I am extremely impressed by it.  I also
like the fact that it is OS Java based.  My only concern, however, is that I
can't seem to find any community support for it.  Does that mean there is no
install base?  Sourceforge mailing lists have no activity and no one on
them, as do the SourceForge forums.  Do you know if there are other forums
or mailing lists that are used by the community for this?

Thanks!

Eric