[CentOS] Re: ISDN on CentOS

Felix Schwarz Felix.Schwarz at web.de
Sun Nov 11 19:00:25 UTC 2007

Timothy Kesten schrieb:
> Two questions:
>
> 1. for which the fcpci-kernel-modules from atrpm-Repo are useful?

I guess these contain the binary modules from AVM (proprietary). For "plain"
internet access you should be fine with hisax driver integrated in the CentOS
kernel. The proprietary drivers may get you into trouble - I experienced kernel
hangs/panics, filesystem corruption and other nasty stuff when using them on
CentOS 4 two years ago.

> 2. Whats about channel bundling?
>
> Does CentOS bundling automaticly on every established connection (if it is
> selected in Network-Configuration) or is it only set/unset with the
>
> 	isdnctrl addlink/removelink ippp0
>
> command?

I think it depends on how you configure the connection (default should be single
line). But CentOS is very similar to any other distro using hisax so you might
get more documentation on this topic with Google.

fs