[CentOS] Can not print with OpenOffice.Org on CentOS 5.0 x86

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 12 17:23:25 UTC 2007

Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> I can not print any document with OpenOffice.Org Writer on CentOS 5.0
> x86.
>
> Has anyone encountered this problem?
>
> My printer is HP Deskjet 3745 and apparently uses the hplip and hpijs
> packages provided by CentOS.

No problem here with CentOS 5 fully updated
openoffice.org-writer-2.0.4-5.4.17.3
cups-1.2.4-11.14.el5_0.1
hplip-1.6.7-4.1.el5.3
hpijs-1.6.7-4.1.el5.3
and a HP Deskjet 6122 directly connected via USB.
For the record, I also use a Brother HL 5250DN network-connected laser
printer.
I successfully printed from OpenOffice.Org Writer to both of these
printers immediately before starting this reply.
Any clues in /var/log/cups/error_log or maybe even
/var/log/cups/access_log ?