[CentOS] OT: Slow browsers or slow connections?

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:44:48 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 9:58 PM, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I go back to my CentOS SeaMonkey and clear the cache and the history.
> I'm not sure what else to do, though, because that didn't solve the problem,
> and Firefox is as slow as my SeaMonkey.
>
> Any suggestions?  Are there corollaries to IE's "files" for SM or Ff?

Not that I expect it to help, but did you also clear the cookies?
That's on a different tab in the preferences, at least in firefox.

I recently experienced a problem with firefox where cnn.com refused to
load -- every other site I tried was fine, but cnn.com gave me the
"connection failed, website may be too busy" page with the "Try Again"
button.  Clearing the cache didn't help, but selectively deleting
cnn.com cookies (in order of my guess at their usefulness from least
toward most) eventually revived it.