[CentOS] configuring sendmails domain

redhat at mckerrs.net redhat at mckerrs.net
Wed Nov 14 02:21:39 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Geis" <geisj at pagestation.com>
To: "CentOS ML" <centos at centos.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:11:02 PM (GMT+1000) Australia/Brisbane
Subject: [CentOS] configuring sendmails domain

I tried editing sendmail.cf and changing the Dj line to X.com
so any email originating from my machine would be X.com not m.X.com
where m is machine name.

I typed make in the /etc/mail directory and did service sendmail restart.

This did not work. email still shows as m.X.com

What am I missing so as to NOT have the machine name in the email address.
I just want the domain.

Thanks,

Jerry

believed to be clean.

Editing the .cf file is not the way to do this sort of thing. Ensure you have the sendmail-cf package installed and make your changes to the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file and then type 'make' to build the new .cf. Then restart sendmail.

Incidentally, the .mc file has the necessary parameters in it that you may be looking for;

dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
dnl #
dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just @mydomainalias.com, but @*.mydomainalias.com as well
dnl #
dnl FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
dnl #
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain.lan)dnl

Cheers.

believed to be clean.