[CentOS] OT: Scripting with sudo password

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Nov 15 01:13:37 UTC 2007

gjgowey at tmo.blackberry.net wrote:
> How about using ssh with certificate authenitication instead of sudo?

That's great for SSH, I already do that, but if I ssh to a system and
then type sudo it prompts me for a password.  I want something like this

ssh_and_sudo_on_all_hosts
this script prompts for passwords and provides passwords to all ssh or
sudo sessions

ssh => some_host
uses keys/certificates whatever so no password

sudo do_some_command (prompts for password)
password entered at start of ssh_and_sudo_on_all_hosts is passed to sudo
and sudo runs.

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE