[CentOS] Generating CMDB - Recommendations

Tom Brown

tom at ng23.net
Mon Nov 19 17:12:58 UTC 2007

Hi

We use Remedy as our tool to help us with ITIL but we have a LOT of
boxes ~4000 and that is growing all the time. I am looking at ways for
us to be able to update the CMDB within remedy with little effort from
us. I can get our DC team to pretty much touch a file on the OS with the
box location but does any one have any 'neat' tricks that can take
various pieces of info and then spit them out into say a csv that we
could then use to import into Remedy?

I know this is a vague request but i wonder how others with a few boxes
handle their CMDB's ?

thanks