[CentOS] Network Name issue

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Mon Nov 19 19:29:28 UTC 2007

Patricio,

  I had a very similar issue with a wireless Intel device coming up as  _tmp29384792.  I found that if I did a service network stop and removed the kernel module, loaded the kernel module and then service network start, everything went back to normal.  I have not bothered to see why it loads this way, as its only every few boots on my personal laptop.  If I remember correctly people noted the hardware timeout before it completed loading, but this is just a guess as to what it was as I never confirmed any comments people had made.

  This isn’t a solution obviously  to the issue, but does give you some steps to see if the devices can be reloaded and work or not.

Trevor