[CentOS] Proftpd log errors - retrying please.

Steve Campbell

campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Nov 20 14:47:13 UTC 2007

I am using proftpd with my first Centos 5 box. Although it appears to be
working, I see the following errors in my logwatch reports.

Deprecated pam_stack module called from service "proftpd"
 pam_unix(proftpd:session): session opened for user steve by (uid=0)
 Deprecated pam_stack module called from service "proftpd"
 Deprecated pam_stack module called from service "proftpd"
 pam_env(proftpd:setcred): Unable to open config file: /etc/security/pam_env.conf: No such file or directory

The file /etc/security/pam_env.conf does exist, but is owned by root
with 644 permissions. I may change those, but for now I would like to
hear from anyone before I do. I have googled to no avail, although I
find a lot of references to this - just no definitive answer.

I'm running the rpms 1.3.1-5 that I picked up from Dag's site.

I tried here before and saw no replies, so pardon me for attempting
again or if I missed previous postings.

Thanks for any assistance.

Steve Campbell