[CentOS] manipulating files and directories with spaces

Dave

dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Tue Nov 20 18:14:00 UTC 2007

Hi,
    This might be a little O.t. so private responses please.
    I've got apache and samba running on a CentOS5 box enabling windows
users to add web content. My issue is i've had to restore some backup data
that was previously archived. The permissions aren't matching up so i'm
wanting to use find and xargs to change them appropriately. Normally i do:
find . -type type |xargs chmod value "{}"\;
which usually works. My issue is the files were made with spaces so find
isn't able to find them. Does anyone have a workaround? Some urgency!
Thanks.
Dave.