[CentOS] Re: How to import/install the key for signing pxljr-1.1-1.i386.rpm

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Tue Nov 27 23:47:30 UTC 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 11/27/2007 1:03 PM Andrew Allen spake the following:
>
>> How do I import and install the key for signing the above rpm (driver
>> for HP Colour laserjet 3500 printer) which I've downloaded from the kde
>> repo? - I want to use yum localinstall, but when I do I get the message
>> 'package not signed'.
>>
>> Thanks for help,
>> Andy
>
> You could change gpgcheck=0 in your yum.conf. You can change it back
> after you install.
> I haven't found a commandline option to yum to not check for signed
> packages.
> Something like --nogpgcheck would be nice.

just use rpm since you've downloaded the package:
rpm -K <package>.rpm checks the package (checksums and sigs if available)
rpm -i <package>.rpm installs it, whether it's signed and checked or not

to import the kde-redhat repo public key: as it says on the front page
of their website http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/
rpm --import http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/gpg-pubkey-ff6382fa-3e1ab2ca

that's a single line in case it wrapped

but since you say 'package not signed' and not 'public key not found' or
some such, the problem is probably not that you don't have the key.
Rather, I guess the package really isn't signed. Not 100% sure because I
don't yum, I apt, but the message is pretty explicit.
rpm -i will work

you should talk to the kde-redhat devs, if it's really their package
it's probably unintended that the package is unsigned.

regards