[CentOS] CleanLog.h

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Thu Nov 29 23:44:31 UTC 2007

Find out how they got in and make sure that hole is fixed.

Do an rpm verify on all installed packages (excluding configs), reinstall the rpms that fail the verify.

Find all binaries that are not accountable in rpm and nuke them.

Harden your host with selinux and audit, keep audit logs of all changes to binary files and essential configs  and make sure the audit logs are immutable.

Keep an eye on the system for a while to make sure you haven't missed anything.

Keep LVM snapshots of your OS LVs.

-Ross