[CentOS] Replacement for Linux-HA (heartbeat) - RedHat cluster?

Matt Shields mattboston at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 20:33:16 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 3:21 PM, Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/11/2007, Matt Shields <mattboston at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dump the cluste suite and use the LinuxVirtualServer.org packages.
> > You won't have a gui, but it will be better in the long run.  We're
> > using that for quite a few clusters and handling about 30MBit/s on
> > each of the clusters, I think it's around 10k concurrent connections.
>
> I also need to fail-over DRBD (i.e. so if the primary goes down the
> secondary will notice this, mount that DRBD partition and start the
> server which uses the files on it) - will LVS give me that by itself
> or will I need something else on top of it to do that?
> I got the impression that this what Linux-HA's heartbeat adds to the
> plain LVS but it doesn't work for me.
>
> I'm really not concerned about GUI's - I'd rather edit config files
> manually if they are documented well enough.
>
> --Amos

Yup.  We use LVS for all types of failover senarios.  We use it for
redundant firewall/vpn servers which use heartbeat for failing over
the virtual IPs and services.  We also use LVS with ldirectord as
redundant load balancers.  Read the docs, they explain how to set up a
service to be started/stopped on failover

--
-matt