[CentOS] Replacement for Linux-HA (heartbeat) - RedHat cluster?

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 23:17:31 UTC 2007

On 30/11/2007, Matt Shields <mattboston at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 3:57 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> > Matt Shields wrote:
> > > Dump the cluste suite and use the LinuxVirtualServer.org packages.
> >
> > isn't that heartbeat and stuff repackaged?
> >

> With a GUI that actually makes it more difficult to manage.  Learn to
> use the command line tools and config files, it's so much easier.

So it uses the same heartbeat as the one which comes in the
"heartbeat" CentOS 5 package?
I was hoping they implement their own thing.
The last thing I need now is glossy interface which hides the little
details that might help me understand what's wrong.

Unless that interface can magically configure heartbeat in a way that
it'll actually start running without core-dump'ing some of the
programs it comes with.

Thanks,

--Amos