[CentOS] headphones on a packard bell , Help.......

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Nov 9 20:59:14 UTC 2007

> yes that is, on windows xp with the drivers, when i plug a headphones,
> the sytstem shows me a message turn off the sound for a while and then
> start by the headphones, but in CentOS, the sound propierties only shows
> me a master channel.

ah, then sounds like it requires software intervention to reconfigure
the output mixer for a different output channel...   most of the stuff
I've used, its electro-mechanical and both headphone and speakers are on
the same 'output' from the sound hardware, so the software doesn't even
know or care which output is in use.

sorry, I have no clue how to make that play.