[CentOS] Anaconda Partial Freeze...

semi linux

linuxsemi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:29:53 UTC 2007

Hey,

I'm trying to run a kickstart script on a new piece of hardware...
I've never used this HW before, so it's possible that there may be
something faulty...

After the DVD boots, I type "linux ks=http://blah/blah.ks" and hit enter.

Once I get to the anaconda line which says "running /sbin/loader", the
machine sits in a frozen state for a long time (3-5 minutes)...
anyone have any clue what's going on here?  Or at least how to debug
it?  It's too early to switch tot he other terminals, so I'm a little
lost.

I've tired testing the RAM and reseating, etc... nothing seems to works.

- G.