[CentOS] Re: Asterisk

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Sat Oct 6 01:08:35 UTC 2007

have you tried trixbox which is an asterisk version based off of Centos?

Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Friday, October 05, 2007 9:11 PM +0000 Tony Mountifield
> <tony at softins.clara.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> That very much depends on who you ask. Many people (myself included)
>> prefer the original version which is actively developed by Digium in
>> partnership with the community.
>
> Can you say why you prefer it? I've not followed any threads comparing
> the two, so only have the issues listed in the voip wiki to go by. (See
> link in previous post.) I've seen the frustration over Sun's control of
> OpenOffice, and figured openpbx's fork is similarly motivated.
>
> Understand that I'm in "shopping customer" mode and don't have any
> loyalty to either group.

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099