[CentOS] Re: Where Can I find Perl-DBD-Sybase RPMs?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Tue Oct 9 02:14:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 13:15 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
> > In article <alpine.LRH.0.9999.0710051251420.12290 at horsea.3ti.be>,
> > Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org> wrote:

> > > The problem is that you need a Sybase installation in order to build the
> > > RPM package. I generated a perl-DBD-Sybase SPEC file, but since I do not
> > > have Sybase I do not know whether it works or is correct.
> >
> > Can you build it against FreeTDS?
>
> I wish I knew how. Care to try and share ?

I run gentoo as my primary OS on my laptop. It compiles this DBD fine
using Freetds as the dependency.

Anyway. I've gotten an RPM for 1.07 version from
http://www.c-corp.net/linux/centos/4/generic/RPMS/i386/perl-DBD-Sybase-1.07-1.i386.rpm

I'm using that instead as I don't have a compiler installed for the
server.