[CentOS] Intel G33 Compatibility for Centos Server

Michael Rock

mikerocks65 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 03:43:38 UTC 2007

Been running rock solid servers on Centos 3 and 4 for
years but equipment is starting to die so it is time.

I was thinking along the lines of an Intel Q6600 on an
Asus P5K-VM mobo with the new G33 chipset utilizing
SATA. Is anyone having success with this board or any
of the G33 chipsets where I am not going to run into
all kinds of install problems?

I see these other threads of install problems with the
new chipsets so are a bit leary of making the purchase
without hearing of some success stories.

Any recommendations?  thx

-- Mike