[CentOS] apt-cacher for CentOS

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Oct 10 17:39:04 UTC 2007

Tronn Wærdahl wrote:

> I dont know about apt-cacher, but if its something to do with apt-get
> you could you --download-only. Like apt-get upgrade --download-only
>
> Tronn

apt-cacher allows you to point all clients to a centralized location,
when one client performs, say and apt-get dist-upgrade, the apt-cache
server caches all of the packages to it's local apt directory.  It's
very convienent and easy to setup, whereas the squid solution proposed
by Dag is a fair bit more conviluted.

A possible solution would be to possibly extend create-repo to add
functionality to mirror updates and packages for selected architectures.
  Perhaps add the proxy/caching functionality that is required to
perform these operations?

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE