[CentOS] Why tzdata-2007h [RHEA-2007:0928-05] only for CentOS 2?

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Thu Oct 11 13:50:08 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 09:21:55AM -0400, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:
> I might be stupid and ask an idiot or offensive question, but here it is:
>
> "Why was tzdata-2007h [RHEA-2007:0928-05] only released for CentOS 2, when
> upstream has released it for all the versions?"

It has been released to CentOS-3 on Oct 7th, in the updates repository.
The other maintainers have their own schedule/priorities.

<offensive mode>
Making CentOS a reality is not our daily job/duty, remember?
</offensive>

> The guys from X/OS have released it for 5.0 along with the other updates (on
> Oct. 9).
<troll mod activated>
No one prevents you for switching distribution.
</troll>

> Are the "enhancements"... "not important" as long as they're not "security
> updates"?
Speaking for CentOS-3, the enhancements used to go to the fasttrack repo, ie
pending updates for the next point release.
Since CentOS-3.9 is the last respin, all the RHEA are now in updates.

> True, the guys from SL have only released tzdata-2007h in "fastbugs" -- which
> is something you should not use --, but I am asking in a single place: why?
Ask on the SL mailing list, we can't speak for them!

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (CentOS-3 i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)