[CentOS] Re: Can't get XFS enabled on Centos 5.0

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 11 22:08:44 UTC 2007

on 10/11/2007 2:28 PM Dan Carl spake the following:
> I anm trying to enable XFS with no success.
> I followed the instructions provided in
> http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/CentOSPlus
> I installed the new kernel.
> Example: 2.6.18-8.1.14.el5.centos.plus
>
> I also installed these packages as described in a post I found
> yum install --enablerepo=centosplus xfsprogs xfsprogs-devel
>
> lsmod shows nothing about XFS
>
> I would image there are others out there running XFS on Centos boxes.
> Could you please help.
>
> ps.
> Just joined the list(switching over from Fedora). I recognised the name
> Scott Silva from
> the Mailscanner list I also belong to. Small world.
> Where does he find the time?
When you are getting such awesome software for little to no cost, you find
time to give back to the community.
And it keeps your skills sharp and your memory fresh.
We all have to start somewhere.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and