[CentOS] finding mysql.h & errmsg.h on CentOS?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Oct 11 22:31:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 03:06:04PM -0700, Rogelio alleged:
> I am not sure how to modify the config.h script for my CentOS 4.5 box
> (running Nagios + NDOutils).
>
> NDOutils seem to compile fine (./configure && make), but I'm having
> problems when I try to run the final command in the README file.
>
> ********* problems ***************************
>
> ndo2db-2x -c /etc/nagios/ndo2db.cfg
>
> Support for the specified database server is either not yet supported,
> or was not found on your system.
>
> Someone else (http://tinyurl.com/2jnef8) suggested modding the
> config.h file in order to eliminate that command
>
> CHANGE
>
> #include <mysql/mysql.h>
> #include <mysql/errmsg.h>

> #include </usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql.h>
> #include </usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/errmsg.h>

That would be silly.

> However, when I looked for mysql.h (e.g. "locate mysql.h") I couldn't
> find find them (maybe b/c I installed from package?).  What might I
> need to do in order to modify this script for CentOS so that
> ./configure will run properly and let me install this?

'yum provides mysql.h' tells you that /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h is in the
mysql-devel package.  'yum install mysql-devel' will install that package.  Run
configure again and carefully watch the output to see if everything you want is
detected.