[CentOS] apt-cacher for CentOS

Lorenzo Quatrini lorenzo at gmk.it
Fri Oct 12 10:40:29 UTC 2007

Dag Wieers ha scritto:
> yOn Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
>
>> James A. Peltier ha scritto:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Is there something similar to apt-cacher available for CentOS?  I would like
>>> to ensure that an application is only downloaded once to the network and not
>>> hundreds of times.
>>>
>>> If there isn't an equivalent, would someone please point me in the direction
>>> of how I might accomplish this with CentOS?
>> after a lot of googling and searching I think I've found something that looks
>> really interesting:
>>
>> http://freshmeat.net/projects/http-replicator
>>
>> I'm testing it right now, it looks really promising.
>
> If it understands the concept of mirrors, than yes, it is exactly as I
> envisioned it :)
>
> I just packaged it and you can provide it with a list of mirrors although
> it could have handled it transparantly instead of requiring a list
> upfront.
>
> You can find a temporary package here:
>
> 	http://dag.wieers.com/attic/RPMS/http-replicator-3.0-1.el5.rf.noarch.rpm
>
> but it will be available soon on the mirrors. Even though it is tagged
> el5, it should work fine on EL4 or EL3.
>
> Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks Dag for the packaging;
I'm on my way of testing, and I find that dealing with mirror lists isn't
straight forward at all.

I will try to understand if is possible to modify the source so it only caches
rpm files on a flat format and it compares only the file name and not the full
path.

Also I have to understand if it is possible to add ftp support.

I'll let you know if I have news

Regards
Lorenzo Quatrini