[CentOS] RPMforge metadata problems

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Oct 12 15:36:18 UTC 2007

Dag Wieers wrote on Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:35:42 +0200 (CEST):

> Yesterday evening I added a TIMESTAMP to the root of my tree in order to
> follow up on the correctness of mirrors. And after 12 hours more than 50%
> of the mirrors do not have that TIMESTAMP file.
>
> It is possible that it is filtered out, so the test is not at all valid.
> I am going to reduce the number of mirrors and only add the ones that have
> a recent TIMESTAMP.
>
> However since information on why this happens (or when this happens) is
> scarce, I am not sure if reducing the mirrorlist will be effective.
>
> So hopefully, after this weekend the problems some of you have seen with
> Yum and the mirrorlist will be a problem of the past.

This would be great. If it still happens is there anything one could compare
(except for the TIMESTAMP file)? I went to
ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/dag/ (official apt.sw.be mirror, but
there with a "wftp" hostname) and looked around, there's no TIMESTAMP file.
But there is a _LASTMIRROR.txt from tonight.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany