[CentOS] /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf file disappeared

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sun Oct 21 16:59:19 UTC 2007

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On 28 July, I changed from ProtectBase to Priorities. I kept unusually
> detailed notes that day. Yesterday, when I added the RPMForge
> respository, so I could install MPlayer, I found that the
> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf file no longer exists. I'm not
> sure how that happened. Question: Is there a way to regenerate that
> file? TIA
> --
> Lanny

That file does not change often from the default ... you can get the
default version by downloading the RPM in question and using this
command in the directory where you put it:

rpm2cpio yum-priorities-1.0.4-2.el5.centos.noarch.rpm | cpio -idv

After that, there will be a bunch of files in that same directory ...
which are the default files that get installed.

That file should be one of them, andat
<tempdir>/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes