[CentOS] NIS/YP revelation (I think)

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 24 11:13:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, James Pearson wrote:

> Scott Ehrlich wrote:
>> I'm using
>> http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch30_:_Configuring_NIS
>> as a guide and the services all show appropriately on the production server
>> and client, and on a working test setup that is identical to production.
>
> Do you have any firewall setup on the server and/or clients?

Disabled all around.

> What does 'rpcinfo -p' give on the server and clients?

Exactly what the referenced URL says should be running.

Again, it works perfectly on a test setup.  I may start to use tcpdump for
more details.  /var/log/messages shows nothing.  I can ssh back and forth
fine between client and server, so Ethernet connectivity works fine.

Scott