[CentOS] NIS/YP revelation (I think)

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 24 13:59:31 UTC 2007

I did discover tcpdump produces an ICMP host <hostname> unreachable error
during ypbind, but does NOT do so when ypbind is not running.

I also was reminded the firewall on the server is running, but I had these
exact problems when the firewall was disabled.

Trying to track down the problem via google, and am open to any responses
people have here...

Thanks.

Scott